As Republicans across the United States launch a concerted attack on women’s reproductive freedom, the Jewish Democratic Council of America (JDCA) is taking action in support of a woman’s right to choose. Past generations fought for reproductive rights, and we are lifting our voices to safeguard these rights for current and future generations.
We know that with the passage of each state law criminalizing abortion, Republicans are laying the groundwork for a legal challenge to overturn Roe v. Wade. We strongly oppose these efforts, and encourage you to join us in taking action and speaking out with the following message: Women’s rights are human rights, and we refuse to go backward.
This week, Republicans in Alabama passed a law outlawing abortion even in cases of rape and incest. All 25 votes in favor of the abortion ban were cast by Republican men. The Republican-controlled Missouri State Senate soon followed suit. This makes FOUR Republican-controlled state legislatures to have staged outright attacks on the reproductive rights of women in the past month alone.
JDCA believes that every woman must have the right to choose, and the right to accessible, affordable, and quality reproductive health care. Women should make decisions about their bodies and their health. We will fight all attempts to take away these rights, and urge you to join our efforts.
JDCA is the voice of Jewish Democrats and much more. We not only give voice to Jewish and American values, we act on those values, and the stakes have never been higher. We not only give voice to Jewish and American values, we act on those values, and the stakes have never been higher. Please support JDCA today and read on to join our efforts.
Take Action with JDCA
JDCA Speaking Out
- We opposed the Alabama abortion ban law as “an assault on women’s rights” and reiterated our support for a woman’s right to choose.
- We opposed President Trump’s immigration proposal as a violation of our values because it aims to further limit immigration and continues to separate families.
- We expressed deep concern that the Trump administration is recklessly endangering stability in the Middle East with brinkmanship toward Iran.
- We reminded President Trump that Hungarian Prime Minister Orban – whom he asserted was doing a “tremendous job” – has supported the rise of anti-Semitism in Hungary and engaged in xenophobic rhetoric that has endangered Jews.
- We spoke out on TV about the critical need for Congress and the president to take action to address the epidemic of gun violence, as well as white nationalism.
These are just a fraction of our activities. Stay informed in real-time by following JDCA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram so that you don’t miss anything, including briefing calls and events. And be sure to visit our online store.
Our work is not possible without your support, and we thank you for standing with JDCA as we fight for socially progressive, pro-Israel, and Jewish values.
Chair, Jewish Democratic Council of America
Executive Director, Jewish Democratic Council of America