Steps you can take to stand with Ukraine
In recent days, the world has witnessed Russia’s unyielding assault on Ukraine and the unfolding humanitarian and refugee crisis. As of today, Vladimir Putin has forced more than two million Ukrainians to flee their country. This is the fastest-growing refugee crisis in Europe since WWII, and the numbers continue to grow each day. Putin’s unconscionable bombardment of civilians, including a maternity hospital targeted earlier today, has led to growing casualties and unspeakable humanitarian tragedy. Putin is committing war crimes, and Jewish Dems stand with the people of Ukraine in their fight for freedom, democracy, safety, and peace.
As we speak, the House of Representatives is in the process of voting on a government spending package, which includes $13.6 billion for Ukraine. This critical funding will provide badly needed humanitarian aid and replenish military equipment for Ukraine and NATO allies.
Join JDCA in calling on Congress to pass this essential assistance and life-saving aid for Ukraine. While the vote will likely occur in the House today, make sure your members of Congress – including Senators, who will soon vote on the same bill – hear from you. Click below to take action and keep reading for more ways you can stand with Ukraine.
- Send a letter to your members of Congress, urging them to support increased assistance for Ukraine.
- Purchase a “Jewish Dems Stand with Ukraine” item today. Proceeds will be donated to HIAS in support of its emergency response in Ukraine.
- Visit hias.org to learn more about how you can support their work aiding refugees in Ukraine and around the world.
- Support the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee to help meet the spiking humanitarian needs in Ukraine.
- Support the Jewish Agency’s work on the ground in Ukraine.
- Support the many other organizations providing life-saving care toUkrainians.
Our hearts and prayers are with the people of Ukraine as they endure unspeakable tragedy. We thank you for your partnership.
CEO, Jewish Democratic Council of America