Jewish Dems Start 2022 Election Cycle With First Slate of Endorsements
WASHINGTON – With less than one year until the midterm elections, the Jewish Democratic Council of America, the leading national voice of Jewish Democrats, has begun its involvement in the 2022 election cycle with 13 Senate endorsements.
Just as it did in the 2020 presidential and Senate elections, in 2022, JDCA will play a critical role by endorsing candidates who share “Jewish and Democratic values” and mobilizing Jewish voters where it can impact the outcome of close elections.
“JDCA is leading the fight in defending our democracy and community against right-wing extremism, and supporting Democratic candidates who share our values,” said JDCA CEO Halie Soifer. “In 2018, 2020 and even this year, JDCA demonstrated its unique ability to target Jewish voters and impact the outcome of elections. In the year ahead, with all that we stand for on the line, JDCA will expand our efforts to advocate for our values, and to elect those who share our values.”
Today, JDCA unveiled its first endorsements of the 2022 midterms with Senate incumbents:
1) Sen. Mark Kelly (D-AZ)
2) Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV)
3) Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-NH)
4) Sen. Alex Padilla (D-CA)
5) Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO)
6) Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
7) Sen. Rev. Raphael Warnock (D-GA)
8) Sen. Brian Schatz (D-HI)
9) Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)
10) Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
11) Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
12) Sen. Ron Wyden (D-OR)
13) Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA)
For each of these races, JDCA and JDCA PAC will deploy its proven formula for winning elections. It will mobilize Jewish voters with regular phone and text banks that engage thousands of activists. On top of that, it will add canvassing for 2022, and continue JDCA PAC’s successful targeted digital advertising to reach millions of key voters.
In addition to these endorsements, JDCA will grow its platform and advance the organization’s progressive, pro-Israel agenda and aggressively combat falsehoods, antisemitism and dangerous political efforts that threaten Jewish and Democratic values by:
- Serving as a consistent voice condemning right-wing extremism and antisemitism.
- Standing as a strong counterweight against ongoing Republican efforts to use Israel as a political wedge issue to divide Jewish voters.
- Advocating for President Biden’s agenda to defeat the COVID-19 pandemic, combat climate change, grow the economy and protect voting rights.
To find out more about JDCA’s ongoing work in campaigns across the country and to view past ads, please visit the Elections Hub. Halie Soifer is available to speak about the organization’s past successes and vision for the future, with a particular eye on the 2022 midterm elections. Please contact [email protected] to speak with Halie.