Next Year on a Cleaner Earth
Today, we celebrate Earth Day and the important progress that has been made toward protecting our planet since President Biden took office. Combating climate change consistently ranks as the top priority issue for Jewish American voters, because it’s a national security, economic, and humanitarian imperative. While Democrats take action to protect our planet, Republicans refuse to do more to combat the pervasive threat of climate change.
As Jews, we are called to be guardians of the earth – shomrei adamah – to ensure the planet’s sustainability from generation to generation. That’s why we’re proud to support President Biden and Democratic Members of Congress who are taking action on climate change, detailed below. As you celebrate Earth Day, join Jewish Dems as we take our voices and values (virtually) to Capitol Hill on May 11-12. Join JDCA’s second annual Week of Action by clicking here.
While Republicans block Democratic initiatives in Congress to protect our planet, President Biden is taking the following actions to combat climate change:
- By rejoining the Paris Climate Accords, President Biden restored U.S. leadership on the world stage and recommitted the U.S. to lowering emissions and meeting international standards aimed at curbing global warming.
- President Biden created the first-ever National Climate Task Force, which works to achieve groundbreaking goals to substantially reduce U.S. greenhouse gas emissions.
- The Biden administration is reversing dangerous Republican policies and enacting environmental protections through a whole-of-government approach.
- President Biden and Democrats’ Bipartisan Infrastructure Law invests billions of dollars in electric vehicles and charging stations, clean water, and protection against the impacts of climate change.
- The Biden White House is expanding opportunities for your community to invest in clean energy, fewer emissions, and lower energy costs for Americans.
- Today, President Biden is signing an executive order to protect our oldest and biggest forests, curb deforestation overseas, and create regional economic partnerships around alternative materials.
Help us elect more Democrats who will protect our planet by supporting JDCA’s work to elect candidates who share our values.
Happy Earth Day, Shabbat Shalom, and Chag Sameach,
Hon. Ron Klein,
Board Chair, Jewish Democratic Council of America
CEO, Jewish Democratic Council of America