NEW POLL: Jewish Voters Stand With Biden
A just-released poll from the non-partisan Jewish Electorate Institute (JEI) demonstrates that Jewish American voters overwhelmingly support President Joe Biden’s handling of the Israel-Hamas war. Since October 7, Jewish voters have solidified their support of President Biden and Democrats because a vast majority trust the President and Democrats more than Trump and Republicans to support Israel and combat antisemitism.
Jewish voters live in key states and districts that determine the outcome of elections. Getting out the Jewish vote in large numbers in 2024 will be critical for Democrats to take back the House, grow our Senate majority, and re-elect Joe Biden.
Here are the key findings from the poll:
- 77% of Jewish voters hold an unfavorable view of Donald Trump.
- 74% of Jewish voters approve of President Biden’s handling of the war between Israel and Hamas.
- 60% trust Biden over Trump and 40% trust Democrats over Republicans on handling the war.
- 59%-20% trust Biden more than Trump to fight antisemitism.
- 43%-24% trust Democrats more than Republicans to fight antisemitism.
- 85% support Biden sending aircraft carriers to the region.
- 84% support Biden visiting Israel during wartime.
- 80% support senior U.S. officials meeting with Israel’s war cabinet and offering counsel.
- 80% support for Biden’s pledged additional military assistance to Israel.
- 77% support an aid package for Israel and Ukraine.
- 68% support Biden for calling for a humanitarian pause.
This poll confirms that Jewish Americans trust the Democratic Party more than the Republican Party to stand with Israel and against antisemitism. That is evident from the overwhelming support among Jewish voters for President Biden and the actions he’s taken in support of Israel since Hamas’s brutal terrorist attack on October 7. The poll clearly demonstrates that the Democratic Party remains – and will remain – the political home of Jewish voters in 2024.
As the political home for Jewish voters in support of Democrats who share our values, including President Biden, JDCA is going to do everything we can to ensure we translate this support into wins in 2024.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership.
CEO, Jewish Democratic Council of America