Jewish Dems Endorse Joe Biden for Re-election
President Joe Biden is running for re-election and Jewish Dems are proud to endorse him.
President Biden has been one of the most consequential presidents in modern American history. From the American Rescue Plan, to the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, to the Inflation Reduction Act, President Biden has accomplished a remarkable amount despite extreme Republican obstructionism. JDCA — the political home and voice of Jewish voters in support of Democrats who share our core values — played a critical role in helping to ensure victory for the Biden-Harris ticket in 2020, and we look forward to doing it again in 2024.
Since announcing his candidacy for president four years ago, President Biden has advanced the policy priorities and values of Jewish American voters, including efforts to restore the soul of America. We’re particularly grateful for the Biden administration’s efforts to defend democracy, combat right-wing extremism and antisemitism, ensure access to affordable healthcare and abortion, protect the environment, advance gun safety reform, support the U.S.-Israel relationship, and more.
Join JDCA in supporting President Biden for re-election by taking these three steps:
- Commit to taking action with JDCA by getting out the Jewish vote and re-electing President Biden.
- Read and share our talking points on how President Biden has delivered for Jewish Americans.
- Read our full statement endorsing President Biden for re-election.
HOW PRESIDENT BIDEN IS DELIVERING FOR JEWISH AMERICANS
1. Defending Democracy: Democracy was the top policy issue for Jewish voters in the 2022 midterms, and President Biden has consistently put democracy at the forefront of his agenda. At the end of 2022, Democrats made critical reforms to the Electoral Count Act, representing one of the important pro-democracy initiatives passed in decades. If re-elected, President Biden will continue pushing for comprehensive democracy reform packages such as the For the People Act, the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, and the Freedom to Vote Act. These crucial bills would work to end partisan gerrymandering, secure elections, and strengthen our democracy.
2. Combating Antisemitism and Hate: The Biden-Harris administration is defending Jewish Americans from antisemitism and the rise of extremism and hate. President Biden signed increased funding for the Nonprofit Security Grant Program into law, bolstering funding to help secure synagogues and other Jewish institutions from antisemitic hate crimes. He has hosted Holocaust survivors in the Oval Office, visited Yad Vashem, and has committed to ensuring Jewish Americans’ safety. He also established an inter-agency group focused on countering antisemitism, Islamophobia, and related forms of discrimination, led by Second Gentleman Douglas Emhoff and Special Envoy for Combating and Monitoring Antisemitism Ambassador Deborah Lipstadt. The first task of this group is to create a national strategy to counter antisemitism.
3. Advancing Gun Safety Reform: President Biden signed the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act into law, the first major piece of gun control legislation to pass in three decades. While more needs to be done, this bill closes the boyfriend loophole to protect women from domestic violence, provides funding to implement red flag laws, expands background checks for 18-21-year-olds, and increases funding for mental health in schools. President Biden is committed to ending the epidemic of gun violence and increasing gun safety measures, which is a position supported by more than 90% of Jewish American voters.
4. Protecting our Planet, Health, and Communities: Jewish American voters overwhelmingly support taking strong action to mitigate the danger of climate change, expand healthcare access, and defend LGBQI+ rights, and President Biden has led on all these issues. The Inflation Reduction Act, which made historic and unprecedented investments in combating climate change, also strengthened healthcare for millions of Americans and helped ensure large corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share. In addition, with long-held constitutional protections to same-sex and interracial marriage at risk, Democrats and President Biden took action to codify these basic rights through the Respect for Marriage Act.
5. Supporting the U.S.-Israel Relationship: No president has a longer record of support for the U.S.-Israel relationship than Joe Biden. President Biden’s consistent support for Israel spans his entire five-decade career in public life, since he was first elected to the Senate in 1972. He proudly says “You don’t have to be Jewish to be a Zionist, and I’m a Zionist.” Throughout his time in the White House, he has strongly supported Israel’s security and right to self-defense, as well as efforts to promote peace and diplomacy in the region. More on President Biden’s long record of support of Israel can be found here.
Thank you for your continued partnership. Together, we’ll ensure President Biden and Vice President Harris finish the job in 2024.
CEO, Jewish Democratic Council of America