If Trump wins, Americans lose.
This week was a preview of what we can expect in this critical election year, with people turning out to vote in New Hampshire. At JDCA, we advocated for our values, learned from policy experts, and hosted Rep. Ritchie Torres (D-NY) before getting out the Jewish vote for Tom Suozzi in the NY-3 special election.
Donald Trump easily won the New Hampshire primary and continues to actively resist any progress for Americans. He is trying to strongarm Republican Senators to kill a bipartisan deal on border security, which would include emergency aid for Israel and Ukraine. Trump is playing political games with our border, Israel’s security, and Ukraine’s future. His actions are antithetical to the values and the needs of the American people and interests of Jewish voters. As President Biden said in response to Trump’s victory in New Hampshire, “the stakes could not be higher,” and we must do all we can to re-elect the President and defeat Trump in 2024.
Our democracy and personal freedoms, including reproductive healthcare, are on the ballot in November. As the political home for Jewish voters, advocating for policies and supporting Democrats who share our values, JDCA is your home to take action in this important year. Check out our events from this past week, and don’t miss our upcoming Democratic Primary Issue Forum for the California Senate seat.
Michael Koplow & David Makovsky Discuss What Comes Next in Israel & Gaza
As the situation continues to develop in Israel and Gaza, hundreds of Jewish Dems received an in-depth briefing from Michael Koplow, Chief Policy Officer at Israel Policy Forum, and David Makovsky, Ziegler Distinguished Fellow at The Washington Institute for Near East Policy. These two policy experts discussed the latest in the war between Israel and Hamas, President Biden’s historic support for Israel, and current negotiations to release hostages. Click below to watch.
Getting Out the Vote for Tom Suozzi in NY-3
JDCA is hosting phone banks every Tuesday leading up to NY-3 special election on February 13. This week, Rep. Ritchie Torres joined us with inspiring words about the importance of our work to elect Democrat Tom Suozzi. Click below to watch his remarks and sign up for our next phone bank on Tuesday, January 30.
Issues Forum for the California Democratic Primary
Next week, JDCA will host our second issues forum of the 2024 Democratic primaries, featuring the leading Democratic candidates in the California Senate primary: Representatives Barbara Lee, Katie Porter, and Adam Schiff. Candidates will directly address the issues of importance to Jewish voters, including defending democracy, protecting abortion rights, combating antisemitism, and supporting Israel. Sign up below to join us on Friday, February 2 at 11:00am PT / 2:00pm ET.
JDCA in the Press
JDCA continues to speak out as the national voice and political home of Jewish voters in support of Democrats and in advocating for policies that reflect our values. Check out some of our recent interviews, podcast appearances, and analysis in the press. Click here to see all of JDCA’s recent press mentions.
- Jen Rubin’s Green Room, the podcast hosted by Washington Post Columnist Jennifer Rubin, hosted JDCA CEO Halie Soifer last month to discuss the importance of our work and how Jewish voters will help Democrats win in 2024.
- The Lincoln Project hosted Halie on their weekly podcast last month to discuss Israel’s war with Hamas, rising antisemitism, and JDCA’s work to get out the Jewish vote in support of Democrats.
- The Jerusalem Post highlighted JDCA and JDCA PAC’s plans to mobilize Jewish voters in 2024, emphasizing that “there could not be any candidate whose views were more antithetical to those of Jewish Americans than Donald Trump.”
- Voice of America interviewed JDCA about the Jewish community’s overwhelming support for President Biden since October 7. We responded, “The Jewish community is grateful for President Biden’s efforts to stand by Israel in its response to Hamas’s horrific attack on Oct. 7 and to stand with Jewish Americans as we face the rise of antisemitism.”
- In the Jewish Telegraphic Agency (JTA), JDCA discussed our opposition to efforts to cut or condition military assistance to Israel, and how “the vast majority – 80% – of Jewish voters support U.S. aid to Israel.”
- We spoke out in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette against Republican’s unfounded attacks on President Biden and Senator Bob Casey. We set the record straight: “They have both stood firmly with Israel following the horrific massacre of Oct. 7. President Biden requested $14.3 billion in supplemental security assistance to Israel on Oct. 20, which Sen. Casey and Democrats have supported as Republicans have politicized and delayed its passage.”
Thank you for your continued support and partnership. We look forward to working with you in this critically important election year to advocate for policies and elect Democrats who share our values.
Hon. Ron Klein
Board Chair, Jewish Democratic Council of America
CEO, Jewish Democratic Council of America