6 Ways President Biden is Delivering for Jewish Americans
In his first three years in office, President Biden has delivered on important issues to Jewish voters: defending democracy, protecting abortion rights, combating climate change, and continuing to build a strong economy. Since their first day in office, President Biden and Vice President Harris have made these issues a priority, in addition to their commitment to combating antisemitism and ensuring Israel’s security and future as a Jewish and democratic state. There is no doubt that Joe Biden is delivering for Jewish Americans.
Now that Donald Trump has all but locked up the Republican presidential nomination, we’ve begun our campaign to re-elect President Biden. Read about how President Biden is delivering on important issues to Jewish Americans and share this email with three people you know to ensure the Jewish vote continues to deliver for Joe Biden and Democrats.
Protecting Abortion Rights and Reproductive Freedom: Despite Republicans’ continued attacks on abortion rights and aim to enact a federal abortion ban, President Biden has protected reproductive freedom by:
- Signing Executive Orders to protect access to reproductive health care, including abortion and contraception.
- Committing to fighting state or local officials who attempt to stop women from traveling out of state for medical care.
- Appointing federal judges who will protect reproductive freedom.
- Committed to passing federal legislation defending abortion access.
Defending Democracy: While Donald Trump threatens to be a dictator “on day one” and Republicans engage in voter suppression and election subversion, President Biden has defended democracy by:
Signing into law the Electoral Count Reform Act, which establishes clear guidelines for our system of certifying and counting electoral votes for President and Vice President.
Doubling the number of voting rights attorneys at the Department of Justice to ensure Americans’ voting rights are protected.
- Promoting access to voting and making it easier for Americans to register to vote through a whole-of-government effort, including by engaging with historically underserved communities.
Combatting Antisemitism: President Biden implemented the first-ever National Strategy to Counter Antisemitism, which includes over 100 actionable steps being taken by the Biden White House, including:
- Launching an Antisemitism Awareness Campaign through the Department of Education to ensure all students can attend schools free of discrimination.
- Providing synagogues and Jewish institutions with additional security funds.
- Ensuring that Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits forms of antisemitic discrimination in federally funded programs and activities.
Standing with Israel: President Biden entered office with a longer history of support for Israel than any other U.S. President. He has stood by Israel in recent months by:
- Unequivocally condemning the horrific terror perpetrated by Hamas and standing by Israel, staunchly supporting its security and right to self-defense.
- Becoming the first sitting U.S. President to travel to Israel during a time of war, a historic show of solidarity with Israel after the horrific attacks on October 7.
- Asking Congress for $14.3 billion in emergency aid to Israel in October 2023, which still has not passed because of Republican obstructionism.
- Playing a leading role in diplomatic efforts and negotiations to ensure the safe return of hostages taken by Hamas.
Delivering the Most Aggressive Climate Agenda in U.S. History: The historic passage of President Biden’s Inflation Reduction Act helps combat climate change by:
- Positioning the U.S. to achieve our goal of cutting our emissions in half by 2030 and net-zero emissions by 2050.
- Signing over 100 executive actions to develop clean energy, lower costs, create jobs, reduce pollution, and establish the American Climate Corps.
- Focusing on environmental justice by investing in clean and equitable solutions in historically marginalized communities.
Lowering Costs and Continuing to Build our Economy: After inheriting economic turmoil from Trump’s inability to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, President Biden has led our historic economic recovery by:
- Uplifting small businesses by providing entrepreneurs in underserved communities with resources to start businesses and succeed. Americans filed a record 16 million new business applications since 2021.
- Lowering drug prices, forgiving $136.6 billion in student loans for 3.2 million Americans, and creating good-paying jobs to ensure the technologies of the future are made in America.
- Lowering healthcare costs by ensuring more Americans than ever before in U.S. history have health insurance.
We hope you’ll join JDCA’s efforts to re-elect President Biden and Vice President Harris with your support and partnership.
CEO, Jewish Democratic Council of America