Executive Director Opening
Executive Director Job Description
The Jewish Democratic Council of America (JDCA), a recently launched 501(c)(4) national political advocacy group for Jewish Democrats, is seeking a bold leader as its first Executive Director (ED). JDCA, with its headquarters and office located in Washington, DC, is offering its ED a full complement of benefits, including health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and retirement contributions. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. The ED will report to a board comprised of a group of top change-makers and philanthropists in the Jewish community, as well as national leaders in the Democratic Party. Capitol Hill and/or White House experience is a must.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Growing organization from the ground-up through programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, consistent quality of finance and administration; brand-building communications.
• Recruiting and managing JDCA personnel; managing outside consultants and vendors.
• Developing, maintaining and expanding the JDCA with a strong board of directors according to jointly-developed strategic goals.
• Building a dependable revenue base via fundraising activities to support the budget and expansion.
• Designing a strategic plan scaling the organization to reach targeted political markets and constituencies throughout the U.S.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Experience in national and/or considerable state politics. Direct experience on Capitol Hill or in the White House is a must
• Strong leadership skills as seen in high-level organizational management
• Robust knowledge of the organized Jewish American community, and/or substantial nonprofit work
• Excellent fundraising, communications and interpersonal skills
• Strong working knowledge of Jewish core values and associated policy issues
• Ability to co-create an organization with a dynamic board of directors
• Ability to travel and be available off hours as needed
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be evaluated as they are received. JDCA is an equal opportunity employer. JDCA will treat applications as confidential information.