Executive Director Opening
Executive Director Job Description
The Jewish Democratic Council of America (JDCA), a recently launched 501(c)(4) national political advocacy group for Jewish Democrats, is seeking a bold leader as its first Executive Director (ED). JDCA, with its headquarters and office located in Washington, DC, is offering its ED a full complement of benefits, including health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and retirement contributions. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. The ED will report to a board comprised of a group of top change-makers and philanthropists in the Jewish community, as well as national leaders in the Democratic Party.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Growing organization from the ground-up through programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, consistent quality of finance and administration; brand-building communications.
- Recruiting and managing JDCA personnel; managing outside consultants and vendors.
- Developing, maintaining and expanding the JDCA with a strong board of directors according to jointly-developed strategic goals.
- Building a dependable revenue base via fundraising activities to support the budget and expansion.
- Designing a strategic plan scaling the organization to reach targeted political markets and constituencies throughout the U.S.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Strong leadership skills as seen in high-level organizational management
- Experience in national and state politics, the Jewish American community, and/or nonprofit work
- Excellent fundraising, communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong political acumen forged by demonstrable experience
- Strong working knowledge of Jewish core values and the organized Jewish community
- Ability to co-create an organization with a dynamic board of directors
- Ability to travel and be available off‐hours as needed
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be evaluated as they are received. JDCA is an equal opportunity employer. JDCA will treat applications as confidential information.